Notice to Vacate
We hope that you enjoyed your stay with CADA apartments, and are sorry to see you go. In order to help your move-out go as smoothly as possible, we have prepared this guide to answer your questions about our move out procedure.
If you are planning to move out of your residence, a 30-day notice to vacate is required to be submitted to CADA. This notice must be in writing and can either be mailed, faxed or dropped off at the CADA office.
You can pick up CADA’s “Resident Notification of Move-Out” at the CADA office. You can also download the form below. It is very important that you fill out this form so that we will have a forwarding address to mail your security deposit check back to you.
Please note: Notices cannot be accepted via e-mail because an original written signature (or signatures if there is more than one resident on the lease) is required for the notice to be official.
When your lease ends, we will do a move out inspection to determine what work will be billed as a deduction from your security deposit. This report will be compared to the move in report you were given when your lease began. We will compare the move out inspection with the move in report you filled out when you moved in. Money will be deducted from your security deposit for cleaning, steam cleaning the carpet, and any damages.
Deductions for repairs will be made for the following items existing at the time of move out (compared to your move in report).
These damages include, but are not limited to:
- Holes in the walls in excess of normal wear and tear, including, but not limited to damage resulting from adhesives, nail holes, masking tape, hooks etc. (please do not spackle holes)
- Missing or damaged screens
- Damage to doors and windows
- Carpet Stains, rips, and tears
- Damage to carpet from pet waste. Pet waste can sometimes be permanent even with a vigorous carpet cleaning attempt.
To avoid deductions from your security deposit for cleaning, please clean your apartment as thoroughly as possible by following these cleaning guidelines.
- All surfaces including baseboards, molding, doors, etc cleaned of all dust, dirt and finger prints
- All closet shelves, doors, floors, cleaned and hangers removed
- All balconies and patios swept clean of leaves and dirt
- All light fixtures cleaned of dust, bugs and cobwebs
- All blinds cleaned of dust and dirt
- All vinyl floors swept clean of dirt, and thoroughly mopped, including edges and corners
- All carpets thoroughly cleaned free of stains, dirt, hair, trash and other debris. We recommend you hire a professional or allow us to complete this work and bill it to your deposit.
- All cabinet doors, shelves and drawers cleaned of crumbs, food, finger prints and grease.
- Refrigerator and freezer cleaned completely. All shelves, drawers, racks, exterior and top of the fridge should be free of crumbs, spills, dust, etc.
- Stove, broiler, oven and range hood cleaned of all grease, food and dirt.
- Dishwasher cleaned inside and out.
- All counter tops and appliance surfaces cleaned of dust and food, especially edges.
- Sink cleaned of any residue, stains and water spots. All chrome faucets should be cleaned to shine.
- Sinks, drains and faucets cleaned of soap residue and stains. Soap dish and holder thoroughly cleaned of any soap and or toothpaste residue.
- Toilet, base and tank cleaned
- Medicine cabinet, shelves, drawers and vanity cleaned. Mirrors cleaned of smudges and drips.
- Tub and shower cleaned of any soap residue and mildew.
Within 45 days from your lease end date, we will mail the deposit return, itemizing specific deduction amounts. We will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding this report and the amount refunded.
If you have any additional questions regarding move out procedures please feel free to contact the leasing office.
* This document requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Please call CADA’s Administrative Office at (916) 322-2114 for any additional questions regarding the process of vacating.